Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning!
ZombieWalk Home ZombieWalk Forums ZombieWalk Blog Contact ZombieWalk's Owner

Go Back   Zombiewalk.com - Your source for all Zombie Walk and Zombie Flash Mob planning! > Zombie Walks (in the United States South Region) > The Mississippi Zombie Walks

Old 09-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Send a message via Yahoo to ChangedReality
Default Ole Miss Zombie Walk

Hey. What's going on everyone? Well I've noticed that I've never, EVER seen a Zombie Walk here in MS so I think that it is high time to change that! I am putting together a zombie walk, it will be mid-october at the University of Mississippi. I also have a facebook group if you just search "ole miss zombie walk" you'll be able to find it.

The current plan is mid-October, probably a MWF during the morning and go for a walk on campus, that way there will be more people around due to class changes, etc. If y'all have any ideas I'd be glad to hear it. If y'all don't have facebook I'll also be updating plans in this thread.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 PM
ModeratorSite Admin

Lightbulb

so i saw the poster tonight but found nothing when i searched that particular phrase in fb. i will keep trying though. also, mornings probably arent the best time considering thats when most of us have to be in class.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Really? hmmm.... here's the link http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...d=158881473637

Yeah, thats true, afternoons would be better. But, I'm glad at least one person saw a poster, that makes me feel a little better... yeah, I'm not the best at that, but it looked decent.

Do you think I should just post over them tomorrow and put the link to this site/thread?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Well, in just these couple of days theres over 100 people on the FB group...although still haven't set a firm date yet, it looks like its going to be afternoon/evenings and probably start on the campus and we'll make our way over to the square and then pop into a few bars for a drink or two afterwards.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

The walk will be on Thursday, October 22nd. We will be meeting at the Ford Center at 5:00 PM and we will start the walk at 5:30. (dusk should be at 6:30 so we should be good)

If you feel that this might be too long to walk or if you happen to miss us, we will be meeting up at the Union so feel free to roam around that area until we are there.

Please bring 2 canned food items, these items will be donated to St. John's food pantry... remember, helpful zombies are good zombies.

Now for the rules: (as by the Memphis Zombie Walk site)

• No alcohol or drugs while marching
• No touching or harassing bystanders
• No blocking of traffic or destruction of property
• No scaring children
• No entering any galleries or shops — stay on the sidewalks
• No lawbreaking of any sort
• Try not to make a mess and get gore everywhere on the streets
• You can bring a friend, but if they're not zombified, then they can't walk with us (however they can feel free to be ahead of us "fleeing from the zombie attack")

After the walk, feel free to drop by with me over at the Rib Cage afterwards for food and drinks... hey, it might not be brains, but ribs are the next best thing.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Alright, so, we're having another Zombie Walk on April 1st, with makeup from 5-6 and starting the walk at 6pm. We are meeting in the Ford Center Parking Lot and will be walking up to the Lyceum and then down to the square.

You can find us at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...1295242&ref=ts
Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

April 1st is a Thursday, and it's tomorrow. Can't you do one on a weekend?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Well I honestly would've preferred that; however my other cohorts voted against it due to Thursday being a big going out night, we have a local bar that's doing drinks 1/2 off for everyone that shows up in costume so that's going to be a big turnout, plus the baseball game is this weekend and so alot of people want to be able to go to that.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Unhappy

Any idea what time we would get to the square??
Old 03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered Zombie
ModeratorSite Admin

Well, last time it took an hour, but that was after taking a detour around some more of the square and gathering at the end, so we should be done by 7.

Also Parrish's is doing a special shot for us (something green) and ***** wells/pints; however you HAVE to be in costume!